About Islands of Ice and Fire
The Islands of Ice and Fire is an expansion to The Quest, a beautifully hand-drawn, engaging and sinister world full of mystery, magic and provocative challenges. After enabling the expansion, you can continue to play The Quest with your existing character(s) to explore new areas and quests. However, if you don't have The Quest, you can also play the expansion as a standalone game.
In the game you are a Kingdom Agent on special assignment to discover the source of a mysterious illness that has devastated one island (icy Thule) and threatens another (fiery Eldfell). You'll need all your wits and gaming talents as you travel through these deceptively picturesque worlds to overcome new challenges, for good or evil.
To access the new areas (not applicable if you are playing the expansion standalone), go to Mithria harbor and talk to captain Hanty, then select "The Quest Isle" as your travel destination. It is recommended to reach at least level 14 before trying to take on the challenges the isles pose.
The Expansion Pack features
- Over 30 hours of additional gameplay
- New monsters with graphics/abilities/properties
- New weapon type: crossbow and its ammo, crossbow bolt
- New, superiorly enchantable armors and weapons
- A brand new spell with its own effect
- A lethal disease - keep yourself away from that one!
- Many new quests, NPCs and high level shops
- New books to learn skills from